I thought it was high time I joined a meme here on She Dreams in Fiction. I have been reading Top Ten Tuesday posts for a while now and I absolutely adore them. They just seem like so much fun, you know? I've been wanting to join in, so I figured what the heck? Why not join today?! So here I am with my very first Top Ten Tuesday post. Woo hoo! For those wishing to see what this meme is all about, either click on the banner above or go HERE.
The topic this week is Top Ten Books at the TOP of My Spring 2013 TBR List... which is going to be terribly difficult to narrow down, no doubt. I have waaaaay too many books in my lovely TBR (TBR=To Be Read... in case you were wondering) list. I have so many, in fact, I've joined the TBR Pile Reading Challenge to help me slim it down a smidge. I've also started to make a kind of reading schedule to keep me on track, which is helping heaps. Here are the books I hope to read this spring!
These three are next in my reading schedule:
1. Stolen by Lucy Christopher - This one is a book club pick, so I need to read it as soon as possible, but I'm nervous about it for some reason! It seems like it's going to be so intense!
2. Anthem for Jackson Dawes by Celia Bryce - I've been wanting to read more contemporary books lately, so I accepted a review request to read this ARC. It sounds like it's going to be good, but sad... let's see if this is the book that makes me cry. Yikes!
3. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest - This is my first ever review request! As there wasn't a review deadline for it, I decided to read it after my time-sensitive books, but I still wanted to get it read as soon as possible. I've already read the first couple chapters and it seems like it's going to be quite different. I hope I like it!
These books are ones I bought recently... hoping to read them soon:
4. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys - So this is one that I fell in love with the cover at first sight. Then, after reading the synopsis, I really wanted to read it. I bought it the day it came out and it's been patiently waiting for me to pick it up.
5. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis - I LOVE this trilogy! I preordered a copy (then later won a signed copy from Beth!), but I have yet to pick it up... I don't want it to end! It's one of those I'm dying to read, but I just can't bring myself to end it just yet. Oh the torture. Hee hee.
6. Prodigy by Marie Lu - I really enjoyed Legend, so I am really looking forward to seeing how Day and June are doing. It's going to be exciting, I'm sure!
7. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - Cinder was AMAZING! I can't wait to see what happens next, nor can I wait to meet some new characters.
These are books that came out recently - or will be out soon - that I definitely want to read asap:
8. Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter - I have loved reading this series so much! I wonder what twists and turns Aimee will throw our way in this latest installment!
9. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith - After having read and loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight at the first of this year, I can't wait to get my hands on this one. Definitely a highly-anticipated read!
10. The Trouble With Flirting by Claire LaZebnik - One of my most recent reads is Epic Fail. I adored it! I love Jane Austen and Claire definitely did an excellent job adapting Pride & Prejudice for today in that novel, in my opinion. I am really excited to see how she adapts Mansfield Park in this one! Besides, after all those "heavy" books I have planned, I'm going to need something fun and light!
So which books in your TBR list are you planning to read this spring?!