The topic this week is Top Ten Books I Simply HAD to Buy But Still Haven't Read, which was terribly difficult. I have a serious weakness for a pretty cover and/or an interesting idea... I can't resist them! There are quite a few books on my shelf that I simply had to buy at the time, but still haven't read. I'm sure there will be many more in the years to come.
Here are the books waiting to be read:
1. The Diviners by Libba Bray - This one just sounded SO GOOD! Not to mention the cover, which is gorgeous. THEN I was able to get a signed copy? I simply couldn't help myself!
2. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - I feel like everybody in the book blogging world has read this book but me... I just had to grab it when it came into my store! I can honestly say I haven't read it because I'm afraid it's going to be super sad... I need to be in the right mood to read something serious and sad.
3. Tempest by Julie Cross - This one was the cover... plain and simple. Then it just sounded so good, I couldn't help myself!
4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - I am a sucker for dystopian novels and this one sounded so unique! I really needed to have it and see just how different it was.
5. Every Day by David Levithan - Now this one... THIS one I had to buy just to find out how the author was going to pull it off! Then the same day I bought a copy, one of my coworkers finished the book. She couldn't rave about it enough, so that definitely sealed the deal. Good purchase, I'm sure... now I just need to read it!
6. Hourglass by Myra McEntire - The cover on this novel is AMAZING! I just couldn't resist buying it. Besides, anything dealing with time travel really confuses, yet intrigues me. Win win, in my opinion.
7. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood - I was lucky enough to meet Jessica Spotswood last spring or summer, I believe it was. She was so sweet and funny, I absolutely had to buy her book. Not to mention I was in a serious novels-about-witches/paranormal phase at the moment... I blame Beautiful Creatures.
8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - Again, another book that was affected by my paranormal kick. Plus I'd heard a lot of good things about it, so why not?!
9. The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder - I have been wanting to get into more contemporary books for a while now. This is one of those books that I had heard so much about that I had to pick it up.
Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras) by Scott Westerfeld - This is a series I had been wanting to read for AGES. When the box set came into my store, I simply had to snatch it up! That's right, I have a box set... which is why I'm cheating a little bit. Bwahaha!
For those wishing to see what this meme is all about, either click on the banner above or go HERE.
So which books have you purchased, but still haven't had the chance to read yet?!