The topic this week is Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Pick Up or Buy a Book. This topic was a bit of a challenge. At first, I couldn't figure out what the heck I could possibly share! But you know what? I like this topic because it made me sit back and really think about what draws me in. For help, I looked at my recent "Want to Read" clicks on Goodreads... this should get interesting...
Some words/topics that almost always pique my interest include:
2. Mythology - I'm a sucker for mythology. I just can't help myself! If a book mentions it has mythology in it, I can't resist. The only thing is I can't decide if I'm more interested in myths I'm familiar with or those that are totally new to me.
4. Travel - I have some serious wanderlust, but sometimes I can't exactly get away. When this happens, I love to dive into an awesome book full of travel adventure awesomeness. Road-trips, vacations, I'm not too picky about the type of travel, as long as it takes me somewhere far away. Because of this, I've noticed my number of travel books has multiplied... ahem.
6. Quirky - I'm quirky by nature, so I love when I can read some serious quirk. Quirky character? Yes! Quirky story? Awesome! Quirky quirkiness? Heck yes. Gotta love the quirky!
7. Fairytale - You know how I said I love mythology? Yeah, I'm about as hooked on fairytales. Fairy tales? Fairy-tales? Meh, whatever. I just love them and I fully believe you're never too old to enjoy them.
9. Dystopia - I LOVE dystopias, you guys. I've had people look at me funny and ask how I could like such depressing subject matter, especially when I'm usually so happy. My answer is easy. Dystopian stories have a lot of awful things, it's true, but they're also full of hope. They can show the worst in humanity, but also the best. I love the hope and can't get enough of it.
Are there any words that draw you to a book? Any certain topics you can't seem to resist? Let me know in the comments below!
For those wishing to see what this meme is all about, either click on the banner at the top or go HERE.