The topic this week is Top Ten Books Books When You Need Something Light & Fun. I freaking LOVE light and fun books, you guys. Give me a book with silliness and laughter and feel-goodness and I'm a happy camper. I sometimes like to hop back into a favorite kids book or snuggle up with a fun chick-lit-ish type novel. There are so many heavy books (and life experiences) out there, it's nice when you can indulge in a little happy escapism. Am I right? You know I am! Hee hee.
Here are some of the books I like to read when I'm in the mood for something light and fun:
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling - I think it goes without saying that the first book is so much fun. The series might get dark and heavy later on, but this one is so full of magic and wonder, not to mention the fact that it is quite hilarious.
2. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer - With an evil kid genius and kick butt fairies (or rather, LEPrecon agents), you know you're in for a fun experience. This series just cracks me up! Also, they're really fast reads, so you could definitely read the whole series in no time at all.
3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan - To be honest, any book by him is incredibly fun, but this series is particular amazing. Though Percy has to go through some truly terrifying things, Rick Riordan has this way of making it lighter and full of fun. I simply adore this series!
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - This. Book. Is. So. Much. Fun! Whenever I feel like I've been bogged down with too many serious and/or depressing books, I want to reread this novel. It's probably my number one go-to light and fun pick... which is probably why it's on so many of my lists. Hee hee.
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I know, it's another Stephanie Perkins book and I talk about it ALL THE TIME... but who cares?! This book is like the epitome of light and fun. Lola is a very colorful character and I simply can't get enough. So there. Bwaha!
6. Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison - Oh my word, this series is so much fun! So much ridiculousness to be had! Georgia and her friends are complete nutters and it's so much fun to see what they can get up to. Another quick series that will have you smiling like loon.
7. The Fins series by Tera Lynn Childs - I haven't finished the whole series yet, but the first two books are so much fun. I honestly never thought I'd like a mermaid book, but Lily is such a fun, spastic girl, I couldn't help myself! Talk about perfect light reads.
8. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede - Another one I mention a lot, but this list wouldn't be complete without it. Super fun. Super lighthearted. Super quick. The absolute perfect series to brighten your day!
9. Austenland by Shannon Hale - This book is the perfect light read for any fan of Jane Austen. Jane is so easy to relate to and the whole cast of characters are way too much fun. If I could find another Austen adaptation as fun and lighthearted as this one, you can bet it would be on a lot of lists too.
10. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen - Speaking of Austen... ahem. I don't know what it is, but this is one of my favorite reads to pick up in the summer. It is so much, well, fun! I love all her books (that I've read so far), but this is the one I usually gravitate towards when I'm looking for a light read.
Whew! I was able to narrow it down. Success! So was this topic as hard for you to narrow down as it was for me? Which books/authors do you gravitate toward when you're in the mood for something light and fun? Let me know in the comments below!
For those wishing to see what this meme is all about, either click on the banner above or go HERE.