The topic this week is Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters. Oh my goodness, there are so many amazing characters out there! Sure, the main characters are usually the most popular, but there are also secondary characters that you just fall in love with. Gah! This was so difficult! Some characters are so important to the story, they're main characters, at least in my mind (like Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings)... this is hard.
Well, here are the first ten supporting characters I thought of:
2. Lola's dads from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - How incredibly adorable are they?! They're supportive, loving, PRESENT parents. I think we need more parents like them in... everything!
3. Harley from Across the Universe by Beth Revis - Oh my poor, sweet Harley. I just wanted to hug him and speak soothing words to him every single time he showed up in the book. I simply couldn't help myself from loving him to bits.
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - Vicky is a proud, strong, talented girl. She's a fierce friend and she's the type of person who knows she's flawed and she isn't afraid to admit it. I think she's awesome.
5. Zuzana from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor - Zuzana is the best kind of best friend. She's funny, talented, supportive, fiercely loyal and simply incredible. Then get her together with Mik and whoa! Talk about a dynamic duo!
6. Richard from the Little Blue Envelopes duo by Maureen Johnson - I had a soft spot for Richard the second Ginny meets him in book one. My love and admiration for him grew even more in the second book!
7. Bug from Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler - Bug is one of the cutest little brothers in literature. He's like a kid genius, always experimenting and learning new things. He also loves his big sister heaps and is always eager to help with anything.
8. Dylan from the Shade trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready - Dylan! I love Dylan. This youngest Keeley brother really comes into his own in this series. He's one of those supporting characters that just kind of sneak up on you, making you fall in love with him. Hmm... I think I love awesome little brothers or something.
9. Miss Charming from Austenland by Shannon Hale - Miss Elizabeth Charming... is HILARIOUS! Talk about one of the funniest, quirkiest characters ever. I even love the film version of her character! She's just one of those friendly people that put you at ease whilst also making you laugh until you cry. (Psst... if you have the opportunity, go see the movie! It's full of quirky comedy that I love to bits!)
Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling - Seriously, I couldn't pick one and not the other. I love both of these characters so very much! Luna is definitely an interesting person who doesn't really care what others think of her. Neville is one of those characters that the reader was able to see grow and get stronger throughout the series, though he wasn't a main character. They're both simply amazing.
So what do you consider to be a secondary character? Any supporting characters you particularly love (or love to hate)? Share your own list below!
For those wishing to see what this meme is all about, either click on the banner above or go HERE.