The topic this week is Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders. I didn't realize I have so many series yet to finish... until this topic came up. We're talking tons of series. A lot. Oh my word, I think I have an issue finishing a series! Granted, some series ending books aren't even published yet, but that's not the case with all of them! This list was interesting to compile, but I was able to come up with 9 likes and 1 dislike. Not too shabby, I think. Oh my word, I need to get reading...
Here are some of the series I actually have finished and liked/disliked the final book:
(By the way, I tried to omit spoilers, but I make no promises... just a warning.)
2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - I'm sure, again, people will disagree with me on this one. I've heard so many people say they hated how it all ended, but I really kind of liked it. It wasn't ideal (I mean, who really wanted Peeta to have to go through all that crap? And Prim...), but I didn't hate it. I would have loved a more happy ending, of course... but that's just the world they live in. So I liked it. The end.
3. The Diamond of Darkhold by Jeanne DuPrau - After the third book took a little detour, I wasn't sure if I'd like the fourth one. Once I found out the story went back to where it left off in book two, I decided to go ahead and finish it. Don't get me wrong, I liked the third book, but I wanted Lena and Doon, not some past history lesson! Anyway, the fourth book was amazing and it really tied everything together. That Jeanne DuPrau... she's a genius.
5. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - Ugh... yet another one that I know so many people hated, but I loved it! I don't know if it's because I simply can't help loving anything Maggie writes or if it's because it was simply amazing. Maybe a lot of people didn't like it because it was so open-ended? I don't have a problem with that kind of ending, but I guess I can see how others would. Anyway, I loved it.
6. Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me by Louise Rennison - At ten books, you know it has to be good to keep my ADD happy enough for me to read them all. I'm not sure that sentence makes sense, but you get the idea. I read every book just waiting for something I wanted to happen so bad, and then I got it! There was much squealing and happiness and shouts of "FINALLY!"
8. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan - I know Percy's story continues in the Heroes of Olympus series, but as an ending for this series, it was fantastic! So much fun and adventure and danger and relationships blossoming and pure awesomeness. I love it all!
9. Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke - This is another one of those cases where I love each book in the trilogy so much, I can't pick a favorite. This one might be my favorite by a teeny tiny little bit, though... maybe. Gah! They're all just so good!
Gone by Lisa McMann - So... yeah. I didn't like this final book much at all. In my opinion, it didn't fit with the story. It felt really disconnected from the first two, which made me super sad. Oh well... you win some, you lose some.
Are you as bad at finishing a series as I am? Which series endings are your favorite/least favorite? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
For those wishing to see what this meme is all about, either click on the banner above or go HERE.