This has been a really tough year, especially the last couple of weeks, so the topic this week is much needed and nothing short of wonderful. The topic today is Top Ten Things I am Thankful For. I really love this time of year and all the happiness it brings. So, although it has been rough lately, there are still heaps of reasons to be happy and thankful.
Here are ten things I am incredibly thankful for:
1. I'm thankful for a roof over my head. This one is really a no-brainer, but there are so many people that don't have this luxury. I know I complain that I've had to move back to Arizona after having lived in Washington for so long - that I've had to move back in with my family, no less - but I really am grateful I have a home I could move back to.
2. I'm thankful for my health. I actually think some might argue with me about this one, because I've been sick so often, but I am so incredibly grateful all the illnesses I've had weren't serious. AND I haven't been sick for a month or so now, so that's definitely something to be thankful for, right?!
3. I'm thankful for all the wonderful books I've been able to read. I have had the pleasure of reading so many amazing books this year! A lot of these books have changed my life, too. I love when a book has that kind of power.
4. I'm thankful the weather has FINALLY cooled down! Oh my goodness, you have no idea how happy I am that it's finally below 85. It's been an unbearably hot summer here and I thought it was never going to end. Just a few weeks ago, it reached 89 degrees. That's sickening. I crave cool weather, so I am so happy right now!
5. I'm thankful for all the wonderful friends I have. I have amazing friends. I constantly say how lucky I am to have met such fantastic people, let alone be able to call them friends. I'm also grateful for the amazing friends I've met through this fantastic book blogging community of ours. Seriously, how can one person be so lucky?!
6. I'm thankful for the opportunity to work with books. I love working in a bookstore. Though our clientele isn't always the best, and the neighborhood I work in is kind of scary, being able to work with books has been such a blessing. I'm even more thankful for the chance I've had to take over the kids/teen department and put my own stamp on it. I LOVE being the kids book buyer!
7. I'm thankful for my family. I love my family so much. We may not always get along perfectly, but we're always there for one another. I would honestly be lost without my family and I'm so grateful for the chance I've had to be with them more since moving back.
8. I'm thankful for the chance I've had to paint again. I have always loved creating art. I really got into painting when I was college, but after graduating, for some reason, I haven't really done any art. I don't know what's been holding me back, but I'm grateful for friends and family who encouraged me to continue my lifelong passions.
9. I'm thankful for my pets. Seriously, I love them to bits! My Mahina and Maisie are the two sweetest pets in the universe and I have no idea what I'd do without them. They always know when I need a little extra cuddle and just what to do to put a smile on my face. Even the other pets in our house (we have a freakin' zoo!) are positively wonderful. I'm so lucky to have them in my life.
10. I'm thankful for all the opportunities I have yet to enjoy. The world is full of so many wonderful things and adventures! I'm hoping that this next year will be one in which I can really start to take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself.
So what are you most thankful for this season? I'd love to hear them all, so leave a message below! And, of course...
For those wishing to see what this meme is all about, either click on the banner above or go HERE.